We own a very old family estate dating from the eighteenth century. It covers 11 hectares of sandy granitic soils. Domaine de la Bouronière is totally situated on the Fleurie designation, on the hills of the Labourons hamlet, 3.5 kilometers from the village.
This controlled origin designation covers 860 hectares. It yields yearly 43 000 hectoliters of wine representing 5.7 million bottles on average.
- Wine grape variety : 100 % Black Gamay with white juice.
- Average age of the vineyards : 53 years.
- Exposition : South, South-West, North-West.
- Pruning : cupping method with 5 horn buds and 2 eyes, or in double fans for young vines that are less than 15 years of age.
- Yearly production : 420 hectoliters, 60 % of which are bottled (35.000 bottles).
CULTIVATION AND WINE MAKING :
- Since 2000, we use integrated vineyard management methods, tillage on fall, combing on spring, and manual grape harvest in September.
- Since 1992, the estate belongs to the “ Baujolais maturation organization.
- In 2003, holding of the “Terras Vitis” method agreement.
- Since 2001, sowing grass between rows in plots wherever it is possible.
- Since 2002, creation of ways to irrigate some plots.
- Vatting of whole grapes for a partial fermentation.
- Wine making at controlled temperature between 25 and 32 degree Celsius during about 12 days.
- Pneumatic pressing followed by a cooling at 18 degree Celsius to have the best extraction of the flavour.
- On the 2nd of March 2005, the estate has been recognized as “sustainable agriculture” owing to our cultivating the vines in total respect of the environment.
- “TERRA VITIS” certification.
- Clarification after the first colds in December. The wines are then elaborated on fine dregs in big barrels with a capacity of 38 to 130 hectoliters.